Tuesday, November 17, 2015

End of term

I have been here now 1 month and am slowly getting to know the area and the locals. I haven't had many language lessons as my tutor flaked out and its difficult finding a suitable person who will take all this seriously. I have to improve my language ability by 1 level before our Reconnect conference in December. We will have another language interview and we need to be able to converse, answer questions and describe our local community. I'm having a hard time understanding when people speak. Its difficult to immerse in the language when everyone here speaks a bit of all languages.

I need to catch up on the photos so here are some from September when I was living with a delightful young family. They have 2 small children and an extensive family of nephews, nieces, etc. They were very hospitable and showed me around. The kids always amazed me by their curiosity, energy and hard work. These kids could show a few Western kids what it means to help around the house, pull your weight and respect your elders!















1 comment:

  1. Hi Alene,
    love the pictures! I look forward to following along on your adventures in Namibia.

    ReplyDelete